October 16 - 20, 2017
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Houston, Texas, USA
2712 Southwest Freeway, 77098
We are pleased to announce the 24th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2017),
managed by Tcl Community Association
Sponsored by FlightAware, Mentor Graphics - A Siemens Business, and Noumena Corp.
Learn from the experts and share your knowledge. The annual Tcl/Tk
conference is the best opportunity to talk with experts and peers,
cross-examine the Tcl/Tk core team, learn about what's coming and how
to use what's here.
- Tutorials taught by Tcl experts
- Tcl Certification Exam Details
- In depth discussions of 8.6 changes and how to take advantage of them
- Using the Tcl dict, module and OO commands
- The future of Tcl after 8.6
- Best practices in package management, software design, dynamic programming and more
- Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions
- Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team
- Tcl/Tk Social Suite for late night discussions and beverage consumption.
- Amit Dave — (Development of Software Interfaces using Tcl/Tk)
- Andreas Kupries — (Panel: The future of Binary Tcl Extensions)
- Andrew Mangogna — (Translating Executable Software Models with micca)
- Clif Flynt — (Commercializing an App)
- Cyan Ogilvie — (Tcl_?NewStringObj caching by the core)
- Don Porter — (2017 TCT Year in Review, Introduction to the HAMT; Opportunity for Tcl)
- Garrett McGrath — (
tclrmq, a pure Tcl library for working with
- Gerald Lester — (Unit Testing Framework for Tcl)
- Jonathan Cone — (FlightXML at Flightaware)
- Karl Lehenbauer — (State Of FlightAware Bounties)
- Kevin Kenny — (State Of TclQuadcode)
- Peter da Silva — (pg_sqlite and deltastream - Synchronizing Postgresql and SQLite databases by way of Tcl)
- Richard Hipp — (SQLite's use of Tcl)
- Sean Woods — (Odielib - A C Accelerated Math Library for Tcl, Panel: The future of Binary Tcl Extensions, Panel: Zip, Kits, and Bundling Applications, Tcl Tools for Game Engines and CAD)
- Shannon Noe — (socketservertcl a Tcl extension for using SCM_RIGHTS)
- Tony Johnson — (Practical Example of Tcl Command Design in a Qt/C++ Graphical Application)
There will be a jobs board again. If you are interested in hiring a
Tcl/Tk expert or two, or are looking for new engagement, either show
up with your announcement ready to tack on the board, or send email to
Thursday night will see everyone gathered together to chow down and
chat. Some variety of amusement will occur after the banquet.
The conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks.
More details (including how to book rooms, reach it, etc.) are available
at our Location page
Papers and Abstracts
The list of papers and their abstracts will be made available in the
schedule section of these pages after the
notifications to authors have been sent out, on August 28, 2017.
The papers of previous years are available through the index of
North-American Tcl Conferences.